Custom Plate Brackets
At LAKIN Custom Plate Brackets™ I design and manufacture number plate mounting brackets which overcome ALL the shortcomings of the standard methods of attaching number plates to both modern and older style vehicles.
LAKIN brackets are designed to use ONLY the original, manufacturer supplied mounting points and are guaranteed to fit perfectly.
You might like to watch the video below. This will give you an idea what I offer by demonstrating a LAKIN bracket being fitted to an Audi A4.
The bracket for the Audi is a fairly straightforward design. We also make brackets to suit an enormous variety of plate styles and every conceivable mounting situation.
LAKIN Custom Plate Brackets:
- are custom made for exactly your make and model of vehicle.
- are CNC machined from 3.0 mm aluminium plate so they're light but strong.
- are supplied with all hardware necessary to mount securely.
- are designed to accept most plate frames or covers, however we recommend these.
- require NO measuring* or drilling^. A single screwdriver is all you need.
- are easily fitted by you, your garage or your car dealer.
- are the perfect way to protect your special/personal plates from damage for a fraction of the cost of the plates themselves.
How to order Custom Brackets:
The Custom Plate Brackets are listed by vehicle make and model. Find your vehicle by hovering over the "Custom Brackets" menu item and navigate to your model listing - see image below.
Alternatively, you're welcome to phone me (Philip) - 0419 322 071.
If the video won't play here, you can also view it on YouTube.
*^ Some vehicles have no mounting holes or marks to indicate where the mounting screws go. In these cases you will need to take care to align the brackets properly and drill holes for the mounting screws, using the bracket as a template. The holes will only ever be in the plastic bumper - not the metal bodywork.
LAKIN brackets are designed to be unobtrusive. In fact, it's difficult to notice them when fitted. What you WILL notice though, is that your number plates always look neat and properly aligned. They remain securely mounted to your car, they take small knocks in their stride without bending, and they don't rattle or vibrate.
More importantly, your number plates can no longer damage your car. They won't chip or abrade your paintwork, they won't trap moisture behind them, thus reducing the chance of rusting. Our patent pending design means there are no metal parts in contact with your precious paintwork.
This web site (and my business) is aimed at car enthusiasts and those who just take a little extra pride in their cars. The sort of people who spend a bit of time on the weekend, washing their cars and occasionally giving them a thorough polish.
If that describes YOU, then you'll probably understand ME when I point out how disappointing it is to have a neat, shiny car which is let down by a piece of bent and rattling aluminium on each end.
The most common problems are:
- A lot of vehicles are supplied new with woefully inadequate number plate mounting points. Often, the plates are merely attached by two self-tapping screws in the top edge of the plate.
- Other vehicles have well designed attachment points, but for reasons of speed and cheapness, the car dealer has simply drilled a couple of extra holes, either in the plate or the car itself, and used the trusty self-tappers to complete the job.
- The attachment points on European vehicles often don't align with the holes in Australian number plates. Most of these cars are supplied with a properly sized bracket in their home countries, but not an equivalent bracket for export markets. Car dealers are left with little option but to drill a few extra holes.
The upshot of this is that:
- our number plates rattle (especially when we close the bootlid).
- they chip and scratch the paintwork on the car body behind them.
- they trap moisture and debris between them and the car body, promoting corrosion.
- they just LOOK tatty and spoil the overall effect of an otherwise well kept vehicle.
There are many products available which are designed to make number plates look a little neater. Most of them are variations of a plastic frame or cover. You'll probably agree that most of these are almost as tacky looking as the bare plate.
There is however, ONE style of plate cover available which is well designed, well made and that fits perfectly. As a package with the Custom Plate Brackets, there is NO better way of fitting number plates to your vehicle. Click HERE for more information.
Note that adding a plate cover or frame, by itself, doesn't overcome the MAIN problem - the number plate is still shoddily attached to the car; it will still rattle. In fact the weight of the plate cover may even make it worse. Check your plates to see what I mean. . . Our custom plate brackets totally overcome ALL these annoyances.